Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety R2 Policy
Green Vision’s operation has a positive impact on the environment through the conservation of metals, plastic, other nonrenewable resources and the proper management of used and end of life electronic equipment. Consistent with these core operations, it is Green Vision’s overall goal to accomplish its business objectives while providing a safe environment, minimizing pollution, providing quality service to our customers and delivering quality products to our downstream markets.
Our intentions are to:
- Develop and maintain environmental, health & safety and security programs that conform to the best practices in our industry.
- Comply with all relevant environmental, health & safety laws and regulations.
- Comply with all relevant regulations of the countries importing equipment, components or materials containing “focus materials” that have passed through our facility or control.
- Comply with customer and product requirements; industry guidelines; and other quality, environment and health and safety requirements, including ISO14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007and Responsible Recycling (R2:2013) practices.
- Manage end of life electronic equipment, components and materials based on a hierarchy of first, reuse / refurbish; second, recycling and third, disposal. Disposal is not considered as a management strategy for R2 focus materials.
- Prevent workplace injuries and illnesses by providing a safe environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors.
- Investigate any workplace accidents, illnesses and near misses.
- Promptly correct any unsafe condition or practice.
- Promote prevention of pollution in all our operations, including the elimination of electronic waste from landfills.
- Continually improve our quality, environmental, health and safety programs and performance.
Tim Butler, President and Executive Director